- Card Club on Lord Admiral Radio
- Episode 26. May 15, 2005
- 63 minutes
- Participants: Sean, Brent, Mark, Pauly, Joseph
00:56 Brent and Sean
- Crazy Game of Poker Mix
- by O.A.R.: http://www.ofarevolution.com/site2003/index.html
13:24 Poker Prof
- Poker Tracker: http://www.pokertracker.com/
- Poker Tracker Guide: http://www.pokertrackerguide.com/
- George's email:
- First, I would like to thank you for your program. I just got my first iPod a couple weeks ago, and your shows have helped me on my two hour commute. I live in Korea so a way to use up the time in a way I enjoy, and gives me a slice of home, is somethign I value.
- I have a two questions you may want to disucss on your podcast, however I should prefrence them a little. While I have heard a few recent shows, I am now working on the past, and am up to mid-March '05 (hey I have alot of time on the train). So you may have already covered these thoughts in a upcomming episode.
- I have never read any of the books you discuss (however I am debating that logic since hearing your show). So therefore I wonder if the books cover these questions in addition to the collective wisdom in your group.
- That said my questions that you may want to address on the show are:
- 1. How would the strategy in a low limit game diffrent from a mid or high limit game. Wouldn't you just be dealing in multiples? (eg you would just multipy your calcuations by 10 for moving from a 1 dollar limit to a 10 dollar limit).
- 2. This may be a bit archane for some, but bear with me I used to study game thoery alot in college. How much of formal poker strategy is based on pattern recognition as in say chess versus other logic? The more I think about poker, espeicaly hold'em, the more I think there is something to be said if there is certain pattern of your hole cards, the flop, and the betting, there is some right action that will yeild the best move.
- In a related way to the first one, can you recomend any books covering the more esoteric levels of poker (probability, expected value, reaction curves, etc.)?
- Thanks for the time, and I always look forward to the show.
- Phil's email subject: Talk Faster Brent
- I don't think I've ever heard someone talk so fast. I have your podcast linked and everyone has said they couldn't understand him. :)
- Keep up the great work. Love the show!
22:55 Brent and Sean II
- Bill's Blog: http://www.billrini.com/
36:39 Brent and Sean III
41:51 Mark and Sean
54:12 Blog of the Week
- Poker Diagram Podcast: http://www.pokerdiagram.com
- At the Table: http://www.brendoman.com/matt
- Poker Podcast: http://www.pokerpodcast.co.uk/
- The John and Wayne Show: http://www.johnandwayneshow.com